One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dark sausage containing pork, dried pig's blood, and suet.
- ‘Having waited for the photos, they would go to a nearby bar, order beer, blood sausage, onions, and rye bread, and spread the photos over the table.’
- ‘From garlic shrimp to blood sausage, roasted chickpeas to grilled quail, marinated anchovies to rich rabbit livers, the range of Spanish tapas is vast.’
- ‘For the blood sausage, in a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients and season.’
- ‘Morcilla de Burgos, a blood sausage stuffed with rice, is a specialty from the city of Burgos.’
- ‘Another meat specialty is marcilla dulce, a blood sausage mixed with orange peels and walnuts.’
- ‘The individual portions of morcilla, as the blood sausage is called, are cooked in olive oil so hot that the skins burst open.’
- ‘Christmas dinner includes roast pork or goose, blood sausage, sauerkraut, potatoes, and head cheese, with gingerbread cookies for dessert.’
- ‘It was with great faith that I put fork to plate and severed a blood sausage ravioli garnished with tender ribbons of nutmeg pumpkin and petite cepes.’
- ‘Blood pudding and blood sausages are still regularly served in traditional Irish Breakfasts.’
- ‘Pork and pork products, such as ham, sausage, and blood sausage, are the most popular meats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.