One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The pressure of the blood in the circulatory system, often measured for diagnosis since it is closely related to the force and rate of the heartbeat and the diameter and elasticity of the arterial walls.
- ‘Six studies reported the number of patients whose blood pressure was controlled at follow up.’
- ‘Six monthly review is probably sufficient when treatment and blood pressure are stable.’
- ‘Waking up in the morning puts a strain on the heart because of a surge in blood pressure and heart rate.’
- ‘The looming difficulties over the measurement of blood pressure have been clear for some years.’
- ‘We found a high rate of inadequately controlled blood pressure in patients in both groups.’
- ‘The close relation between heart rate and blood pressure gives reason for a joint assessment.’
- ‘It can be used to reduce fatigue by raising the heart rate and blood pressure.’
- ‘Noise can also cause stress, high blood pressure, fatigue, loss of sleep and anxiety.’
- ‘There are usually no symptoms of high blood pressure, so you may not be aware you have it.’
- ‘Reflexes may be tested with a reflex hammer, and blood pressure may be measured.’
- ‘Many women do not realise why they are having their blood pressure measured.’
- ‘During a night spent on a cardiac ward, the pulse and blood pressure are closely monitored.’
- ‘We agree that this is necessary when performing a study to measure blood pressure.’
- ‘The doctor may check your blood pressure and pulse rate, to see if there is anything abnormal.’
- ‘Low blood pressure and irregular heartbeat are the most significant side effects.’
- ‘This is more common in people with low blood pressure, teenagers, and pregnant women.’
- ‘Obesity is a risk factor for heart disease, high blood pressure, arthritis and diabetes.’
- ‘The score is derived from people with blood pressure sufficiently raised to be included in a trial.’
- ‘The most common causes of kidney failure are diabetes and high blood pressure.’
- ‘One arm of this connector allows continuous monitoring of arterial blood pressure.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.