One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for schistosome
- ‘They include several parasites that have an enormous impact on human populations, such as human liver flukes and the blood flukes that cause schistosomiasis.’
- ‘He went to southern Sudan, where people struggle with guinea worms, blood flukes, and many other such organisms.’
- ‘Our research has focused on the relationships between two groups of human blood flukes within the genus Schistosoma.’
- ‘This evidence is particularly strong in the parasitic blood fluke Schistosoma mansoni, in which Merlin is also the first described DNA transposon family.’
- ‘Of the 41 counties with a history of blood flukes epidemic, the situation has not been controlled in 14, with a population of 5.95 million.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.