Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for schistosome
- ‘Our research has focused on the relationships between two groups of human blood flukes within the genus Schistosoma.’
- ‘This evidence is particularly strong in the parasitic blood fluke Schistosoma mansoni, in which Merlin is also the first described DNA transposon family.’
- ‘He went to southern Sudan, where people struggle with guinea worms, blood flukes, and many other such organisms.’
- ‘They include several parasites that have an enormous impact on human populations, such as human liver flukes and the blood flukes that cause schistosomiasis.’
- ‘Of the 41 counties with a history of blood flukes epidemic, the situation has not been controlled in 14, with a population of 5.95 million.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.