Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A specimen of blood on a glass slide, used for microscopic investigation of possible abnormalities or pathogens.
- ‘A team of two technologists visited biology classrooms with a computer-based exercise on blood film examination.’
- ‘The highest was 18 percent, but the French patient did not have any in her preliminary blood film.’
- ‘Each blood film had an initial 200 WBC differential performed.’
- ‘Seven laboratories reported the presence of malarial parasites on a normal blood film.’
- ‘A thick blood film two days later was again negative for plasmodia.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.