One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A specimen of blood on a glass slide, used for microscopic investigation of possible abnormalities or pathogens.
- ‘A team of two technologists visited biology classrooms with a computer-based exercise on blood film examination.’
- ‘Seven laboratories reported the presence of malarial parasites on a normal blood film.’
- ‘The highest was 18 percent, but the French patient did not have any in her preliminary blood film.’
- ‘Each blood film had an initial 200 WBC differential performed.’
- ‘A thick blood film two days later was again negative for plasmodia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.