One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who gives blood for transfusion.
- ‘He now runs a pottery business and is also a regular blood donor.’
- ‘In addition, the hospital may have a blood donor program.’
- ‘If you would like to register as a potential bone marrow donor on the British Bone Marrow Registry, you must also be a regular blood donor.’
- ‘Lisa's blood group was mentioned in the article, and when I got home I checked my blood donor card and found that my group was the same…’
- ‘A co-worker, who is a blood donor, received a card from the American Red Cross.’
- ‘He also wore a Gold Pelican Pin, recognition of his faithful service as a blood donor.’
- ‘In a recent study, students were told about a blood donor clinic on campus.’
- ‘Anyone interested in becoming a blood donor can contact the Donor Helpline which is open 24 hours a day.’
- ‘Anyone wanting to sign up should be aged between 18 and 44 and be a blood donor.’
- ‘If you are not a blood donor already, please think about coming along to our clinic.’
- ‘‘I'm a blood donor, so I would be compelled to ask for a potential partner's history for at least the previous 12 months,’ he insists.’
- ‘If you've never done it before, consider giving blood at your local blood donor clinic.’
- ‘Well, I have the choice of working for them or of being a blood donor.’
- ‘This type of training modules will help blood transfusion services in India to train their blood donor motivators.’
- ‘It is not permissible to sell one's blood or to pay the blood donor.’
- ‘The blood donor volunteers were four healthy male heavy smokers, aged 40-50 years.’
- ‘Seven hundred people flocked to a special blood donor clinic in Bradford last night to help a man battling against cancer.’
- ‘Only six per cent of the eligible population currently donate so we're hoping that people will make every effort this New Year to become a regular blood donor.’
- ‘You may be able to become a blood donor if you are aged from 17 to 60, weigh more than 7st 11 lb and are in good health.’
- ‘A 50-year-old male who had a hernia repair seven months ago is a prospective blood donor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.