One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place where supplies of blood or plasma for transfusion are stored.
- ‘Our blood bank cost allocation for a transfusion reaction workup during the study period was $75.’
- ‘The unit should be returned to the blood bank for investigation.’
- ‘Someone suggested a blood bank in an eastern suburb of the city.’
- ‘These filters could be used either at the bedside by placing them in the transfusion set or in the blood bank.’
- ‘The role of the routine blood bank in providing therapeutic products has changed dramatically within the past five years.’
- ‘To find out more about donating blood, contact your community hospital or your regional blood bank.’
- ‘A request from the hospital transfusion services to the regional blood bank for assistance was initiated.’
- ‘He also plays a role in the mobile blood bank that visits town regularly for the Blood Transfusion Service.’
- ‘Transfusion history is important and required when a blood specimen is sent to the blood bank for typing and screening or for a cross match.’
- ‘The hospital may purchase blood from a regional blood bank.’
- ‘The time elapsed for transport of blood from the blood bank to the operating rooms is approximately 50 seconds.’
- ‘Despite all the difficulties in running a hospital in a developing country, the blood bank normally did a remarkably good job.’
- ‘The blood bank also provides transfusion to cancer patients who frequently need it.’
- ‘When the blood bank was notified that emergency issue was desired, the patient's full name and hospital identification number were recorded.’
- ‘Blood units not transfused are returned to the blood bank.’
- ‘If you have questions or would like to give blood, contact your local blood bank or the American Red Cross.’
- ‘Initially every industrial country strove to establish its own blood bank and transfusion service.’
- ‘There will also be testing centres for blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, and the blood bank will be present.’
- ‘Obviously, however, this protocol significantly increases the blood bank workload.’
- ‘A request for two units of packed red blood cells was received by the blood bank.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.