One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instance of being silly or scatterbrained.
reverie, trance, fantasy, vision, fancy, hallucination, musing, brown study, imaginingView synonyms
- ‘I would like to say I had a blonde moment, but having infuriated large chunks of the readership last week, I think I'll avoid upsetting anyone else today.’
- ‘Liz was pretty smart for the most part, but did have her blonde moments, which were many.’
- ‘Well, no one ever said smart blondes weren't entitled to blonde moments!’
- ‘This morning I had a definite blonde moment, when I thought that the cord dangling from the ceiling in the bathroom turned the shower on.’
- ‘Well - they weren't the absent-minded blonde moments I said they were.’
1990s: from the stereotypical perception of blonde-haired women as unintelligent.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.