One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instance of being silly or scatterbrained.‘we all have our blonde moments’
reverie, trance, fantasy, vision, fancy, hallucination, musing, brown study, imaginingView synonyms
- ‘Well - they weren't the absent-minded blonde moments I said they were.’
- ‘This morning I had a definite blonde moment, when I thought that the cord dangling from the ceiling in the bathroom turned the shower on.’
- ‘Liz was pretty smart for the most part, but did have her blonde moments, which were many.’
- ‘I would like to say I had a blonde moment, but having infuriated large chunks of the readership last week, I think I'll avoid upsetting anyone else today.’
- ‘Well, no one ever said smart blondes weren't entitled to blonde moments!’
1990s: from the stereotypical perception of blonde-haired women as unintelligent.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.