One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stupid person.
- ‘I muttered under my breath as three blockheads came in and sat directly behind us.’
- ‘After a long, tiresome, journey, me and those blockheads I call my friends, had made it to our destination.’
- ‘And then the stupid blockhead called Jessie something I never want to hear repeated again.’
- ‘This article was so easy to understand, I'm sure even the State Department blockheads will get it.’
- ‘In-Camp training gives us licence to become lewd, loud blockheads.’
- ‘Whatever Doctor Johnson might assert, nobody, not even a blockhead, writes only for money.’
- ‘I've had it with all you unreliable, inconsistent, and detestable blockheads.’
- ‘I figure I can trick a couple of blockheads into believing that I am going to take you two back to the boss.’
- ‘It takes a real blockhead with a will of iron to make it worse.’
- ‘There's so much to enjoy here, however, that even dull-witted blockheads like me will whoop with (slightly confused) pleasure.’
- ‘It is worth remembering that the original Luddites of the early 19th century were not uneducated blockheads who didn't understand machines.’
- ‘She knew he was right, she knew she should be nicer to the blockhead, but he just made is so difficult.’
- ‘I was nearly married to some blockhead and just barely escaped.’
- ‘I'll say I'm sorry for being such a blockhead, and you'll apologize for nearly killing us with cutbacks.’
- ‘I can tell you that right now, because today was my first encounter with the blockheads.’
- ‘Remember how you always told yourself that those fraternity blockheads would be in big trouble once they entered the real world?’
- ‘This is not the way narrow-minded blockheads behave.’
- ‘I wish there weren't so many hungry kids and so many loud mouthed blockheads who do not think before they speak.’
- ‘They're all designed by blockheads who hold the end-user in contempt for not being smart enough to build their own fax machine out of twine, a loose eyeglass lens and foil from cigarette packs.’
- ‘Apparently he didn't appreciate my efforts because suddenly he jumped to his feet and reverted back to his blockhead ways.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.