A carpenter's plane with a blade set at an acute angle, used especially for planing across the end grain of wood.
- ‘A mallet, a block plane with front horn, and a small hatchet are located below the framing square.’
- ‘Before setting in concrete, use a block plane and curve the edges on the legs.’
- ‘In that case, use a block plane to plane the jamb flush with the interior wall surface.’
- ‘Mark all cut lines with a pencil; trim panels to size using a block plane for the sides and a handsaw for the ends.’
- ‘Set the nails and use a block plane to remove additional wood as needed to make the extension jamb flush with the wall surface.’