Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mountain consisting of a block or blocks bounded by normal faults in the earth's crust.See normal
- ‘Steens Mountain, a 30-mile long fault block mountain in southeast Oregon, sits about 60 miles south of Burns.’
- ‘The Teton Mountains of Wyoming and the Sierra Nevadas of California are classic examples of fault block mountains that rise abruptly from the surrounding land.’
- ‘The Sangre de Cristos are fault block mountains with major fault lines running along both the east and west sides of the mountains and, in places, cutting right through them.’
- ‘The Tetons are a still different kind - a fault block mountain range carved from a segment of the earth's crust that has been uplifted along a fault.’
- ‘Southern Oregon is home to some of the finest examples of fault block mountains in North America.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.