Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device for heating the engine block of a vehicle.
- ‘While I'm on the winter kick, it would also be nice if the dealer offered block heaters.’
- ‘If you live in Alaska, does the air conditioning package help you, or if you live in Florida, do you really need the block heater?’
- ‘When it's really cold I plug in the block heater so I can start my excavator in the morning.’
- ‘The block heater is plugged into electricity to keep the coolant circulating so in the morning the engine isn't frozen up.’
- ‘Most states don't get cold enough to plug in the block heater on your diesel.’
- ‘Use a block heater in winter to pre-warm your car engine.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.