One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for heating the engine block of a vehicle.
- ‘While I'm on the winter kick, it would also be nice if the dealer offered block heaters.’
- ‘When it's really cold I plug in the block heater so I can start my excavator in the morning.’
- ‘Most states don't get cold enough to plug in the block heater on your diesel.’
- ‘The block heater is plugged into electricity to keep the coolant circulating so in the morning the engine isn't frozen up.’
- ‘Use a block heater in winter to pre-warm your car engine.’
- ‘If you live in Alaska, does the air conditioning package help you, or if you live in Florida, do you really need the block heater?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.