A device for heating the engine block of a vehicle.
- ‘Most states don't get cold enough to plug in the block heater on your diesel.’
- ‘When it's really cold I plug in the block heater so I can start my excavator in the morning.’
- ‘While I'm on the winter kick, it would also be nice if the dealer offered block heaters.’
- ‘If you live in Alaska, does the air conditioning package help you, or if you live in Florida, do you really need the block heater?’
- ‘The block heater is plugged into electricity to keep the coolant circulating so in the morning the engine isn't frozen up.’
- ‘Use a block heater in winter to pre-warm your car engine.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.