Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A diagram showing in schematic form the general arrangement of parts or components of a complex system or process, such as an industrial apparatus or an electronic circuit.
- ‘Figure 3 presents the block diagram of the MAP processor.’
- ‘After all, when you want a computer to do something for you, you punch it in through the keyboard, rather than re-designing the microprocessor from a block diagram.’
- ‘His presentations using block diagrams and drawings were profound influences that are with us still.’
- ‘We could include some schematics and block diagrams and lots of beauty shots of the cell phones and PDAs and other products we enable but don't make.’
- ‘Figure 18 shows task priority in a control system block diagram.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.