One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘pretax profits came in at just over US $2 bln’short for billion‘the government will pump more than 450 bln liters of water into the ailing river’
- ‘Bank-related cash and deposits ended the month unchanged, at $6.3 bln.’
- ‘The plans also include capitalized development costs of 21.9 bln euros.’
- ‘The company flew 9.3 bln revenue passenger miles in May 2013, a 4.2 percent increase compared with May 2012.’
- ‘Any change in the pattern would have a severe impact on the country, and may disrupt its ability to grow food to feed its 1.3 bln people.’
- ‘The total investment amount is expected to be in the region of 35 bln yen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.