[attributive] Used to express annoyance or for emphasis.‘the blimming website is down tonight’[as submodifier] ‘it's blimming hot’
damn, damned, blasted, blessed, flaming, precious, confounded, rottenView synonyms
- ‘It's blimming hard, but if you have the determination and a degree of talent you can get through it.’
- ‘Wind is blimming freezing today.’
- ‘It's too blimming hot here in the UK!’
- ‘Forgot my blimming trunks, didn't I!’
- ‘It's only blimming Friday!’
Early 20th century: alteration of blooming.