Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Surgical repair or reconstruction of an eyelid.
- ‘This time, I am apparently in need of eyelid surgery, which Tammy calls blepharoplasty.’
- ‘The continued popularity of blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) and eyebrow lifting attest to the high rate of patient satisfaction with these procedures.’
- ‘Aside from the visual assessment, the procedure itself is really not that much different from a standard surgical blepharoplasty.’
- ‘Nose jobs, double eye-lids and blepharoplasty (removing bags under the eyes) have remained the most popular cosmetic operations.’
- ‘Eyelid surgery, technically called blepharoplasty, corrects not only the eyelids but also eyebags.’
Mid 19th century: from Greek blepharon eyelid + -plasty.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.