Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the eyelid.
- ‘The most common complication of the eye associated with rosacea is an intermittent inflammatory conjunctivitis, with or without blepharitis.’
- ‘Although steroids provide quick temporary relief from all the symptoms and signs of blepharitis, they are often best avoided except by an ophthalmologist, who can ensure they are used safely.’
- ‘Regular eyelid hygiene is the most important part of treatment and prevention of blepharitis.’
- ‘Patients with inflammatory eye diseases are at risk for ocular vaccinial diseases, including blepharitis, iritis, and keratitis.’
- ‘According to the author, blepharitis is a commonly seen disease in the ophthalmology department.’
Mid 19th century: from Greek blepharon eyelid + -itis.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.