One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A battle in 1704 in Bavaria, near the village of Blindheim, in which the English, under the Duke of Marlborough, defeated the French and the Bavarians.
A dog of a small red and white breed of spaniel.
- ‘Bugsy is a 2-year-old Blenheim, and I am looking for someone who wants a litter of puppies.’
- ‘Blenheims are chestnut and white, with chestnut ears and a white blaze between the eyes and ears.’
- ‘The Duchess of Marlborough is credited with imprinting the characteristic lozenge or thumbprint mark on the top of the Blenheim Spaniels head.’
- ‘A Blenheim Spot is a spot in the middle of the crown of the head.’
- ‘The next of this charming group to be considered, is the Blenheim Spaniel, with which, its having been the favourite breed of my dear mother, & her mother, I have been more associated than with some of the others.’
- ‘The cavalier King Charles spaniel can be found in one of four colors: Blenheim, tricolor, ruby, and black and tan.’
Mid 19th century: from the name of Blenheim palace (see Blenheim).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.