One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disease caused by infection with parasitic fungi affecting the skin or the internal organs.
- ‘Our case underscores the necessity of considering blastomycosis in an immunosuppressed patient presenting with pneumonia.’
- ‘A recent case series from Tennessee reported an 11% mortality attributable to ARDS from acute pulmonary blastomycosis.’
- ‘An elevated white blood cell count with increased neutrophils and immature granulocytes is typically seen with fungal infections such as blastomycosis.’
- ‘We describe a fatal case of primary pulmonary blastomycosis in a patient with steroid-dependent chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.’
- ‘Patients with blastomycosis have pulmonary disease of some severity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.