Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A disease caused by infection with parasitic fungi affecting the skin or the internal organs.
- ‘Patients with blastomycosis have pulmonary disease of some severity.’
- ‘We describe a fatal case of primary pulmonary blastomycosis in a patient with steroid-dependent chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.’
- ‘An elevated white blood cell count with increased neutrophils and immature granulocytes is typically seen with fungal infections such as blastomycosis.’
- ‘A recent case series from Tennessee reported an 11% mortality attributable to ARDS from acute pulmonary blastomycosis.’
- ‘Our case underscores the necessity of considering blastomycosis in an immunosuppressed patient presenting with pneumonia.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.