One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disease caused by infection with parasitic fungi affecting the skin or the internal organs.
The fungi (blastomycetes) belong to the genus Blastomyces, subdivision Deuteromycotina
- ‘We describe a fatal case of primary pulmonary blastomycosis in a patient with steroid-dependent chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.’
- ‘Patients with blastomycosis have pulmonary disease of some severity.’
- ‘An elevated white blood cell count with increased neutrophils and immature granulocytes is typically seen with fungal infections such as blastomycosis.’
- ‘A recent case series from Tennessee reported an 11% mortality attributable to ARDS from acute pulmonary blastomycosis.’
- ‘Our case underscores the necessity of considering blastomycosis in an immunosuppressed patient presenting with pneumonia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.