One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cell formed by cleavage of a fertilized ovum.
- ‘A single blastomere is removed from each 8-cell human embryo for the purposes of preimplantation genetic diagnosis.’
- ‘No one has yet converted a single blastomere from an eight-cell embryo into a stem cell line.’
- ‘In the first, we injected calcium green into one of the blastomeres in the developing fish.’
- ‘During cleavage the apoptotic bodies are partitioned to blastomeres.’
- ‘Another issue raised is that the blastomere and resulting stem cells would not genetically match the patient receiving the cell transplant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.