Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A blastula having the form of a disk of cells on top of the yolk in the eggs of reptiles and birds.
- ‘At 38 minutes after insemination, the first cleavage was observed and the first cleavage furrow of the blastodisk appeared at 53 minutes.’
- ‘Yolk syncytial nuclei originated from the deepest, open cells beneath the blastodisk.’
- ‘Note the blastula in reptiles is called a blastoderm or blastodisk because the divisions have been concentrated into a thin disk of cells at the animal pole.’
- ‘The blastodisks were located, removed aseptically, and stored in cryovials at - 80 C for DNA analysis.’
- ‘In amniotes, the embryo develops in a blastodisk atop a large yolk mass.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.