Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mammalian blastula in which some differentiation of cells has occurred.Also called blastodermic vesicle
- ‘You had mentioned that twins can develop when the inner cell mass splits in the blastocyst and forms two embryos enclosed in a common trophoblast.’
- ‘Adult stem cells were injected into a mouse blastocyst, an early embryonic stage of a mouse.’
- ‘The fundamental question concerns the nature of the blastocyst from which stem cells are derived.’
- ‘The outer trophoblast cells of the released blastocyst begin to invade the epithelium, burrowing into the underlying endometrial stroma.’
- ‘Many scientists believe blastocysts - stem cells taken from days-old embryos - have much greater potential.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.