One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fluid-filled cavity of a blastula.Also called segmentation cavity
- ‘Inside this spherical mass of cells, a fluid-filled cavity - the blastocoel - develops in the animal region and the embryo is now called a blastula.’
- ‘Involution occurs here, as cells divide and push other cells into the blastocoel from the top of the dorsal lip.’
- ‘The blastocoel appears bright grey, the animal cap darker-gray and the vegetal pole black.’
- ‘These pouches eventually fill the blastocoel forming two new pouches, the coelom.’
- ‘The graduate student of the well-known professor had furthered the experiment with mice blastocoels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.