Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The fluid-filled cavity of a blastula.Also called segmentation cavity
- ‘Inside this spherical mass of cells, a fluid-filled cavity - the blastocoel - develops in the animal region and the embryo is now called a blastula.’
- ‘These pouches eventually fill the blastocoel forming two new pouches, the coelom.’
- ‘Involution occurs here, as cells divide and push other cells into the blastocoel from the top of the dorsal lip.’
- ‘The blastocoel appears bright grey, the animal cap darker-gray and the vegetal pole black.’
- ‘The graduate student of the well-known professor had furthered the experiment with mice blastocoels.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.