Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The primary formative material of plants and animals, from which cells are developed.
- ‘The presence of limb buds was determined by close examination of the blastema for the evagination of a protruding bud.’
- ‘This tether prevents the nerve from retracting too far into the stump and keeps it near the center of the developing blastema.’
- ‘The first polypide is formed from a blastema of varying origin, and further zooids in the colony develop through budding.’
- ‘In planarian regeneration, they could be instrumental to transforming the homogeneous blastema and postblastema fields into discrete patterned regions.’
- ‘Fibroblast-like cells migrate into the empty segments of the developing blastema to establish cell lines that later become myoblasts.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.