One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A common green freshwater alga that forms long unbranched filaments. It can be a problem in overenriched water and garden ponds.
- ‘Back at home, one of our chores this week has been scooping blanket weed out of the pond.’
- ‘He does admit that blanket weed can be a nuisance with newly installed ponds, particularly towards the end of a hot summer.’
- ‘The shade from the lily pads and the maple was sufficient to keep down the slimy blanket weed that was threatening to fill the pond earlier in the season.’
- ‘I knew a few casts would be needed to get the baits in clear areas as a lot of dead blanket weed was on the bottom.’
- ‘I climbed down from the tree and sat by the rod looking at the limp line running out over the blanket weed that enveloped this part of the lake.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.