One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A common brown shoreline seaweed that has tough straplike fronds containing air bladders that give buoyancy.
- ‘The patch impregnated with extracts of a sea algae called bladderwrack is not a diet but naturally reduces appetite, helping slimmers to lose weight gradually.’
- ‘The doctor mentions a ‘botanical thyroid formula’ that she put her patient on, consisting of coleus, bladderwrack, guggul and so forth.’
- ‘The smash and grab antics of sea trout as they snatch your fly and tear away into the bladderwrack is a heart stopping experience most trout anglers would give their eye teeth for.’
- ‘You can walk over rough slabs, cannon-ball boulders, limpets and bladderwrack to delight in the over-the-waves-views all the way to the white cliffs of Flamborough Head.’
- ‘Products containing guarana, garcinia, and bladderwrack are being touted as effective, although there isn't any scientific evidence that they'll help shed pounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.