Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Tea of the most usual type, that is fully fermented before drying.Compare with green tea
- ‘I grew up putting milk in my black tea but I drink iced tea and herbals unadulterated.’
- ‘Possibly because it is less processed, green tea contains higher levels of antioxidants than black tea.’
- ‘Drink herbal tea and green tea instead of black tea.’
- ‘Green tea, which is unfermented, and oolong, which is partially fermented, are popular in Asia, while in the West, fermented black tea - often taken with milk - is generally preferred.’
- ‘Green tea is cold, black tea is hot, oolong is warm.’
- ‘Although less popular than black tea, green tea contains the crucial polyphenols that appear to have health-promoting and fat-burning effects.’
- ‘There are five kinds of tea classified according to the different techniques involved in the tea-making: green tea, oolong tea, scented tea, black tea and compressed tea.’
- ‘Working in a country famous for its afternoon tea ritual, researchers have released a new study detailing how green and black tea can actually improve your memory.’
- ‘Some of the teas, especially fruit teas, are not infusions but black tea with a heaped dosing of flavoring.’
- ‘This warming beverage is easy to prepare by steeping spices in hot water and milk before adding black tea.’
- ‘Steep the tea 3 to 5 minutes for green, oolong and black tea; steep 4 to 6 minutes for herbal teas.’
- ‘So, yes, black tea's good, but not quite as good as green tea.’
- ‘Very recent results suggest that some of the antioxidant effects of the catechins in both green and black tea are masked by binding to the proteins in milk.’
- ‘The stylish Thai restaurant serves up a popular cocktail made from black tea, vodka, lemon and sugar.’
- ‘After 1900, iced tea became commonplace in cookbooks, and black tea began replacing green as the preferred tea for serving cold.’
- ‘How does red tea compare with green and black tea for health attributes?’
- ‘While black tea leaves are fermented, green tea is steamed and dried right after picking.’
- ‘There are more than 3,000 different varieties of black tea, or red tea, as it's known in China.’
- ‘The antioxidant concentration in hot chocolate was found to be almost two times stronger than red wine, two to three times stronger than green tea and four to five times stronger than black tea.’
- ‘Boba is made from black tea, condensed milk and large tapioca balls, and is sipped through a jumbo straw - a rather addicting activity.’
2Tea served without milk or cream.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.