One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disease of plants, especially of roses, producing black blotches on leaves.
- ‘Neem oil also prevents powdery mildew and black spot.’
- ‘A soaker hose waters the base of every plant, thereby minimizing black spot and mildew problems that often arise from wetting the leaves.’
- ‘Some rose varieties are especially prone to black spot and require regular spraying to keep the plants vigorous.’
- ‘Many popular roses are also susceptible to three fungal diseases, whose names black spot, mildew, and rust are descriptive of their appearance on rose leaves.’
- ‘To prevent black spot from infecting new plants, spray with a synthetic chemical fungicide once every 10 days, starting in midspring.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.