One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disease of plants, especially of roses, producing black blotches on leaves.
- ‘A soaker hose waters the base of every plant, thereby minimizing black spot and mildew problems that often arise from wetting the leaves.’
- ‘Neem oil also prevents powdery mildew and black spot.’
- ‘To prevent black spot from infecting new plants, spray with a synthetic chemical fungicide once every 10 days, starting in midspring.’
- ‘Some rose varieties are especially prone to black spot and require regular spraying to keep the plants vigorous.’
- ‘Many popular roses are also susceptible to three fungal diseases, whose names black spot, mildew, and rust are descriptive of their appearance on rose leaves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.