One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for scorzonera
- ‘I have cooked black salsify before - it has been described as tasting like an oyster but I think it tastes more like a cooked radish.’
- ‘The young leaves of black salsify are also edible, but at present, do not appear on the vegetable in markets.’
- ‘I learned that the Netherlands is one of the largest producers of black salsify, so I guess you might have to get used to seeing it in your vegetable subscription.’
- ‘With Jerusalem artichokes and black salsify only a few pieces of roots left in the ground are sufficient to guarantee a profuse harvest the next year.’
- ‘I picked out a nice bunch of black salsify from the left of this basket.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.