One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disease of fruits and vegetables caused by bacteria or fungi, producing blackening, rotting, and shriveling.
- ‘Climatic conditions are conducive to the development of several major grape diseases, including: black rot, downy mildew and powdery mildew.’
- ‘A site that provides for maximum air drainage which promotes faster drying of foliage can substantially reduce the risk of black rot and downy mildew.’
- ‘It is important to remember that powdery mildew can be a serious problem during growing seasons when it is too dry for most other diseases, such as black rot or downy mildew, to develop.’
- ‘At this advanced stage, Phomopsis fruit rot can be easily mistaken for black rot.’
- ‘They will also provide excellent control of black rot, but it is important to remember that they will not control downy mildew.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.