One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disease of fruits and vegetables caused by bacteria or fungi, producing blackening, rotting, and shriveling.
- ‘Climatic conditions are conducive to the development of several major grape diseases, including: black rot, downy mildew and powdery mildew.’
- ‘They will also provide excellent control of black rot, but it is important to remember that they will not control downy mildew.’
- ‘It is important to remember that powdery mildew can be a serious problem during growing seasons when it is too dry for most other diseases, such as black rot or downy mildew, to develop.’
- ‘A site that provides for maximum air drainage which promotes faster drying of foliage can substantially reduce the risk of black rot and downy mildew.’
- ‘At this advanced stage, Phomopsis fruit rot can be easily mistaken for black rot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.