One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A two-horned rhinoceros with a prehensile upper lip, found in Africa south of the Sahara.
- ‘But Fay hopes to prevent the area's elephants from sharing the fate of the black rhinoceros, which was poached to local extinction in the 1980s.’
- ‘One species that has fared particularly poorly is the black rhinoceros, the browsing species of rhino that is listed as critically endangered.’
- ‘The black rhinoceros is thought to be a solitary animal, yet it is a common phenomenon that they arrive at waterholes from separate locations at similar times of night.’
- ‘Both countries have shown increases in numbers of the black rhinoceros between 1980 and 2001 and both display high levels of investment in conservation programmes.’
- ‘Later, just as dusk faded to dark, we made out the lumbering form of a black rhinoceros.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.