The dried black berries of the pepper (see pepper), which are harvested while still green and unripe. Black pepper is widely used as a spice and a condiment and may be used whole (peppercorns) or ground.See also pepper
- ‘My favorite dish, however, was tofu cooked on an iron skillet with green peppers, onions and black pepper.’
- ‘Take it out once it is mixed and add the oil, salt, black pepper, cumin and coriander then mix together.’
- ‘The salted version often contains spices such as roasted cumin seeds or black pepper.’
- ‘Roasted ground cumin and ground black pepper can be sprinkled over fresh yogurt.’
- ‘Add the chopped parsley, a little cracked black pepper and serve the fresh Parmesan separately.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.