Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The dried black berries of the pepper (see pepper), which are harvested while still green and unripe. Black pepper is widely used as a spice and a condiment and may be used whole (peppercorns) or ground.→ pepper
- ‘The salted version often contains spices such as roasted cumin seeds or black pepper.’
- ‘Roasted ground cumin and ground black pepper can be sprinkled over fresh yogurt.’
- ‘Add the chopped parsley, a little cracked black pepper and serve the fresh Parmesan separately.’
- ‘Take it out once it is mixed and add the oil, salt, black pepper, cumin and coriander then mix together.’
- ‘My favorite dish, however, was tofu cooked on an iron skillet with green peppers, onions and black pepper.’
black pepper/blak ˈpepər/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.