A travesty of the Roman Catholic Mass in worship of Satan.
- ‘So many occult practices emphasize the inversion of the natural order - recall the black mass in which the Catholic mass was chanted backwards.’
- ‘The actor stars in the film as a newspaper reporter who attempts to track down a satanic conspiracy, only to get caught up in a black mass.’
- ‘He swears we will witness a black mass and some manner of hideous human sacrifice.’
- ‘According to legend, he sacrificed cats, goats and even babies to Satan, held orgies and black masses, raised demons and was generally in touch with occult forces.’
- ‘Would the devil worshipers ever perform black masses?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.