One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A highly venomous slender olive-brown to dark gray snake that moves with great speed and agility. Native to eastern and southern Africa, it is the largest poisonous snake on the continent.
- ‘Join the world's fastest serpent - the deadly black mamba, whose venom can kill a human in just 15 minutes - as it zips along the African wilderness in search of its next meal.’
- ‘The 6ft green mamba, 4ft black mamba and 5ft forest cobra are all deadly, and have been taken to a local zoo for safekeeping.’
- ‘It seems to me the world would have been just fine without such creatures as black mambas and water moccasins.’
- ‘When he picks up his harmless little African dirt snake, it somehow magically transforms into a deadly black mamba, ready to spread some fanged fury around.’
- ‘I learned that cobras are comparatively easy to dodge, but that you have to run like hell to get away from black mambas.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.