One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Ultraviolet or infrared radiation, invisible to the eye.
- ‘The only light was black light and the whole room seemed to glow with rapidly moving figures around one another.’
- ‘They are made visible primarily by black light on fluorescent paint that is strategically applied to sets, props and various parts of bodies.’
- ‘On the wall at each end are two small monitors that hold in black light the illuminated images of ships passing.’
- ‘She also used black light in some light sculptures to create glowing bluish reflections that gave a somber, nighttime appearance to them.’
- ‘A team led by the engineering professor is mixing fluorescent dyes with standard polymers to create low-cost plastics that glow under black light.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.