One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for cowpea
- ‘Place the black-eyed peas in a small bowl and reserve, keeping warm.’
- ‘But with chunky pieces of warm French bread, the crunchy black-eyed beans plus the slices of avocado and soured cream it turned out to be very filling and very tasty - not mouth-searingly hot but subtly spicy.’
- ‘It was filling peasant fare: sausages, broad beans, smoked pork, bread and pecorino cheese, fried crabs and black-eyed beans.’
- ‘She went over to the side-dish section to get corn, black-eyed peas, green beans, mashed potatoes, and coleslaw.’
- ‘Many parts of the U.S. celebrate the new year by consuming black-eyed peas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.