One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Convert into, impregnate with, or cover with bitumen.
- ‘The hydrocarbon migration history of the basin has important implications for understanding the textural relationship between gold, bituminized oil and uraninite in the giant gold-uranium-pyrite ore deposits.’
- ‘With the road to Cape Tribulation now bituminised, settlement of the privately owned allotments within the Daintree is escalating.’
- ‘That layer was, by the time of the events with which I am concerned, if not from the outset, covered in bituminised felt.’
- ‘The sealing would have completed ongoing works to create a bituminised road along the coast from Dongara to Lancelin.’
- ‘They will also bituminise the community's main road to reduce the risk of dust-borne health hazards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.