One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Convert into, impregnate with, or cover with bitumen.‘a bituminized pipe resists corrosion’
- ‘They will also bituminise the community's main road to reduce the risk of dust-borne health hazards.’
- ‘That layer was, by the time of the events with which I am concerned, if not from the outset, covered in bituminised felt.’
- ‘The sealing would have completed ongoing works to create a bituminised road along the coast from Dongara to Lancelin.’
- ‘The hydrocarbon migration history of the basin has important implications for understanding the textural relationship between gold, bituminized oil and uraninite in the giant gold-uranium-pyrite ore deposits.’
- ‘With the road to Cape Tribulation now bituminised, settlement of the privately owned allotments within the Daintree is escalating.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.