Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A dental film for X-raying the crowns of upper and lower teeth simultaneously and that is held in place by a tab between the teeth.
- ‘The American public needs to see his posterior bitewings from 1973 and a current series of bitewings to better judge the authenticity of the information provided.’
- ‘Are bitewings of value in epidemiological studies of dental caries?’
- ‘Though machines vary, the average set of bitewing X-rays adds only as much radiation as you'd get from about three extra weeks of natural background radiation.’
- ‘Panoramic and posterior bitewing radiographs were made for 96 consecutive patients.’
- ‘Individuals with a low risk of decay and no visible caries should have bitewings every 24 to 36 months’
- ‘Vertical bitewing radiographs have been suggested for use in patients with periodontal disease.’
- ‘Visual comparison of antemortem and postmortem bitewing radiographs of children and adolescents were made by observers with a range of experience using an established protocol.’
- ‘The bitewing instruments are light and comfortable for the patient, versatile, and easy to use for dental personnel.’
- ‘Can nonstandardized bitewing radiographs be used to assess the presence of alveolar bone loss in epidemiologic studies?’
- ‘Bitewings are limited to four in a calendar year including any bitewings taken as part of a complete series as show in above.’
- ‘The dose to the thyroid gland from a single, intraoral exposure such as a bitewing is approximately 0.3 millirem.’
- ‘Preventative services, including cleaning, polishing, fluoride and bitewing X-rays would be 100 per cent covered by the plan.’
- ‘Ten observers assessed 84 surfaces on bitewing radiographs for their requirement of restorative treatment using a 6-rank confidence scale.’
- ‘When bitewings are provided in conjunction with a panoramic film, all films are considered a complete intraoral series, and should be indicated as procedure 00210.’
- ‘If the dentist suspects there are cavities within that one year, they can take the bitewings again.’
- ‘Individualized radiographic exam consisting of posterior bitewings with panoramic exam or posterior bitewings and selected periapical images.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.