One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Excellent.‘a bitching new album’
excellent, wonderful, marvellous, magnificent, superb, splendid, glorious, sublime, lovely, delightful, first-class, first-rate, outstandingView synonyms
- ‘I do however have a pair of totally bitching extreme pointy-toed shoes that I bought last week.’
- ‘And it's not like Q gives James Bond some bitching car that fired children equipped with explosives.’
- ‘And I've got THE most bitching T-shirt designs ready for attendees.’
- ‘So, when I was a teenager (back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, Jenny), Madonna was happy-go-lucky and sang this really bitchen song called ‘Like a Virgin’.’
- ‘I would place one delicate finger on the page, and look up, squinting slightly through my bitching glasses at the source of the noise.’
- ‘There's nothing like sitting at the back of a recording studio on a leather couch while Dallas Crane break out a bitching track to make you feel like the biggest rock slut ever.’
as submodifier Extremely.‘it's bitchin' hot, ain't it?’
very, extremely, exceedingly, exceptionally, especially, tremendously, immensely, vastly, hugelyView synonyms
- ‘You can pick up cabinets bitching cheap, but if it's like the one I was using the tank tends to clog a lot.’
- ‘Well its a really bitching cool car is what I meant!’
- ‘Most headers are made up of this stuff called metal, and when this stuff called metal gets bitchin hot, from riding, it tends to glow orange.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.