One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt of the anion HSO₄⁻.
- ‘Quinine bisulfate was used as the standard for the bisbenzimide dyes, for PIH and ethidium bromide the standard used was rhodamine 101 and fluorescein was used for the cyanine dyes.’
- ‘Those with only one hydrogen replaced are known as hydrogen sulfates, acid sulfates, or bisulfates.’
- ‘For the estimation of the fluorescence quantum yields of INP in different solvents, quinine bisulfate in 1 N sulphuric acid and anthracene in ethanol were used as standards ([Phi] flu = 0.55 and 0.27, respectively).’
- ‘Amrinone and milrinone are bisulfates and are contraindicated in patients who have a bisulfate hypersensitivity.’
- ‘Now at some popular tourist areas some control is managed by means of an intensive process in which each adult is killed individually, with an injection of sodium bisulfate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.