One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A medical facility, specializing in childbirth, that is less restrictive and more homelike than a hospital.
- ‘To establish Tricare eligibility for newborns in DEERS, parents or legal guardians must submit a certificate of ‘live birth’ from a hospital or Tricare-approved birthing center.’’
- ‘While newborn screen samples may be obtained from a birthing center, mid-wife in the residence, or hospital, most of the testing is performed in private, state, or regional public health laboratories, separate from the birth facility.’
- ‘Many lactation consultants run support groups for breastfeeding mothers, as do some hospitals and almost all birthing centers.’
- ‘Soon the day will come when you will take your new little baby home from the hospital or birthing center.’
- ‘I am Rh-, so no midwife here in Japan would allow me to birth at home or in a birthing center, but I found a healthcare provider who supports natural birth.’
- ‘In these times of increasingly conservative values, decreases in funding for birthing centers, and prohibitively high malpractice-insurance costs for midwives, we can help by spreading Mothering's message around.’
- ‘The author suggests that the advantages of this medication make it worth having on hand at birthing centers.’
- ‘I'm proud to say that my daughter was born at a birthing center with a wonderful midwife and my husband as coach; drugs never even crossed my mind.’
- ‘This summer, Longmont opened a 19-bed birthing center with Jacuzzis in every room.’
- ‘Two decades later, on a visit to a birthing center in a large German city, I was shocked to hear the director say she recommended against breastfeeding.’
- ‘Second, birthing centers and hospitals should strive to meet the criteria of the BFHI and create a setting that is conducive to breastfeeding.’
- ‘And she said she had it at the birthing center in Topeka.’
- ‘Examples are whether you want to give birth at home, or in the hospital or birthing center; or if you want an ob-gyn, midwife or labor coach to be with you during the delivery of your child.’
- ‘Check with your insurance plan, hospital or birthing center.’
- ‘When a mother is released from a hospital or birthing center, she is often given a discharge gift basket that includes free formula.’
- ‘They, along with other maternity care providers, should be knowledgeable about and supportive of a range of pain management options in their hospitals, birthing centers, and communities.’
- ‘Classes held at hospitals or birthing centers may not be objective or comprehensive, and may omit information about options the institutions don't offer.’
- ‘In some settlements, Amish babies are born in hospitals, but they are also born at home or in local birthing centers.’
- ‘Some of the PHCs will also include an urgent care center and a birthing center.’
- ‘You may also want to tour the maternity ward at the hospital or birthing center where you plan to have the baby.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.