One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any seed or blend of seed for feeding birds.
- ‘Council chiefs said there had been complaints that the birds were noisy and that birdseed might attract rats.’
- ‘She grows me some of my birdseed and helps me in the kitchen when I put up food.’
- ‘They take a bit of getting used too - they're like big bean bags (very heavy!) that smell of birdseed.’
- ‘They were fed 50 ml of commercial birdseed and two commercial rodent chow blocks once a week.’
- ‘I figured the arboretum didn't want birdseed growing all over the place so I used shelled sunflower mixes in the feeders.’
- ‘Not all birdseed is created equal, and not all birds like all birdseed.’
- ‘Insect-eating birds go for suet and peanut butter; seed eaters prefer sunflower seeds, millet and mixed birdseed.’
- ‘Peanut butter mixed with birdseed makes for a great bait.’
- ‘Feeding birds commercial birdseed helps them through harsh winter conditions, but it's no substitute for improving backyard habitat.’
- ‘After natural foods like berries and seeds have run out, birds rely on birdseed and feeders.’
- ‘I'd like to see the bird that can eat twenty pounds of birdseed, but nevertheless, I have twenty pounds of the stuff.’
- ‘Then, I decided to put some mixed birdseed into the shoebox, just in case the bird woke up while it was waiting to be treated down at the vet.’
- ‘He shipped to a U.S. customer a 20-ton load of birdseed that included hemp seed in the mix.’
- ‘The trees are budding, and the birds love our back garden because we keep feeding them with peanuts and birdseed.’
- ‘A wonderful array of birds used to stop by for birdseed.’
- ‘‘Watch,’ I bravely put my arm round Tiffany's waist and whirled us around with the bag of opened birdseed.’
- ‘However, the bird has uncanny precision when it comes to eating mixed birdseed.’
- ‘Oh, and while you're there, if you also get a chance to fill Jimmy Carr's pockets with birdseed and take him down the vulture display at the zoo, we'd appreciate that, too.’
- ‘Secondly, it's not birdseed they're giving them.’
- ‘I spent an hour or two scraping and repainting, then filled the feeder with birdseed, hung it near the shed, and watched to see who would take the bait.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.