An annoyingly stupid and shallow person.
idiot, ass, halfwit, nincompoop, blockhead, buffoon, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, imbecile, dullard, moron, simpleton, clodView synonyms
- ‘Dowd's no birdbrain: she knows Cheney's goose is cooked, and she's not afraid to crow about it.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the search continues for other birdbrains with a gift for numbers.’
- ‘At the brink of power, this birdbrain is feeling bolts of mortal terror.’
- ‘You can, if you'd just put me down, you birdbrain.’
- ‘Cindy Mead of Woodsong will be hosting the next edition of I and the Bird, with some birdbrain storyteller or other hosting the one after that.’
- ‘Yesterday, Emma Tom - who was recruited to appeal to the broadsheet's birdbrain demographic - argued anti-abortionists ‘are more interested in ranting than actually reducing terminations.’’
- ‘Tarra raised an eyebrow at him, ‘Bite me, birdbrain.’’
- ‘That's something to be thankful for even if the birdbrain who has made mincemeat of honesty, democratic parley, and due process, is flying around the globe like a blind clog in a meat market.’
- ‘We're only kidding of course, but you don't have to be a birdbrain to realize even the best-planned birdscape will not attract birds if the family cat decides to lounge there.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.