One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An annoyingly stupid and shallow person.
idiot, ass, halfwit, nincompoop, blockhead, buffoon, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, imbecile, dullard, moron, simpleton, clodView synonyms
- ‘At the brink of power, this birdbrain is feeling bolts of mortal terror.’
- ‘You can, if you'd just put me down, you birdbrain.’
- ‘Instead of being the classic pair of sweet-but-boring lovers, Hero and Philia are a pair of birdbrains - though Philia is a bit more backward than her boyfriend.’
- ‘Cindy Mead of Woodsong will be hosting the next edition of I and the Bird, with some birdbrain storyteller or other hosting the one after that.’
- ‘The birdbrain concerned ignores the fact that people are complaining precisely because the pests are NOT leaving them alone.’
- ‘Who wants a bunch of birdbrains running around in their game anyway?’
- ‘Next time you're tempted to call someone a birdbrain, remember you might actually be giving them much more credit than you intend.’
- ‘Tarra raised an eyebrow at him, ‘Bite me, birdbrain.’’
- ‘Yesterday, Emma Tom - who was recruited to appeal to the broadsheet's birdbrain demographic - argued anti-abortionists ‘are more interested in ranting than actually reducing terminations.’’
- ‘We're only kidding of course, but you don't have to be a birdbrain to realize even the best-planned birdscape will not attract birds if the family cat decides to lounge there.’
- ‘Dowd's no birdbrain: she knows Cheney's goose is cooked, and she's not afraid to crow about it.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the search continues for other birdbrains with a gift for numbers.’
- ‘That's something to be thankful for even if the birdbrain who has made mincemeat of honesty, democratic parley, and due process, is flying around the globe like a blind clog in a meat market.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.