One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a pinnate leaf) having leaflets that are further subdivided in a pinnate arrangement.
- ‘Some are bipinnate, triangular in shape and have finely cut or toothed leaflets.’
- ‘The bright green bipinnate leaves are up to 15 cm long.’
- ‘They bear bipinnate leaves with small, oval to lanceolate leaflets.’
- ‘Most Australian species of Acacia have bipinnate leaves, as least when they are in the seedling stage.’
- ‘It is a graceful arching fern with fronds that are generally bipinnate, although the basal pinnae are tripinnate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.