(of a pinnate leaf) having leaflets that are further subdivided in a pinnate arrangement.
- ‘It is a graceful arching fern with fronds that are generally bipinnate, although the basal pinnae are tripinnate.’
- ‘Some are bipinnate, triangular in shape and have finely cut or toothed leaflets.’
- ‘The bright green bipinnate leaves are up to 15 cm long.’
- ‘Most Australian species of Acacia have bipinnate leaves, as least when they are in the seedling stage.’
- ‘They bear bipinnate leaves with small, oval to lanceolate leaflets.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.