One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The production of complex molecules within living organisms or cells.
- ‘It should be mentioned that there is no evidence for disturbed chlorophyll biosynthesis in the mutant.’
- ‘Roma might reflect a more or less continuous biosynthesis of new cell wall material.’
- ‘The biochemistry of carotenoid biosynthesis has been well established.’
- ‘Coordination of reproduction and yolk biosynthesis is achieved via the endocrine system.’
- ‘However, enzymes for their biosynthesis are found in both cell types.’
- ‘However, fewer hormone biosynthesis or action mutants are known which exhibit greater than normal growth.’
- ‘In higher plants, the pathways of chlorophyll and haem biosynthesis are tightly regulated at an early step.’
- ‘Adequate measures were taken to protect the plants from biotic and abiotic stresses that may influence lignin biosynthesis.’
- ‘This can only be realized if the rate of ethylene biosynthesis is regulated by submergence-induced signals.’
- ‘This is an essential metabolic reaction that precedes the sucrose biosynthesis in the cytosol.’
- ‘In the whole plant, multicellular compartmentation is required for alkaloid biosynthesis.’
- ‘Bacterial growth is directly linked to the capacity of the cells for protein biosynthesis.’
- ‘All previous theoretical analyses of metabolic costs of lignin biosynthesis used glucose as substrate.’
- ‘Mutants affected in cellulose biosynthesis have been identified in vascular plants.’
- ‘Cysteine biosynthesis is modified by regulators acting at the site of uptake and throughout the plant system.’
- ‘In this pathway it is well known that biosynthesis is subject to both positive and negative feedback regulation.’
- ‘In vivo, the repression of genes involved in starch biosynthesis has been reported to block pollen development.’
- ‘In this mutant, a protein is inactivated which plays a key role during the negative feedback control of chlorophyll biosynthesis.’
- ‘Floral senescence in many species is regulated by ethylene biosynthesis.’
- ‘Metabolic pathways involved in starch biosynthesis are different between source and sink tissues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.