One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The production of complex molecules within living organisms or cells.
- ‘However, fewer hormone biosynthesis or action mutants are known which exhibit greater than normal growth.’
- ‘Cysteine biosynthesis is modified by regulators acting at the site of uptake and throughout the plant system.’
- ‘This is an essential metabolic reaction that precedes the sucrose biosynthesis in the cytosol.’
- ‘Metabolic pathways involved in starch biosynthesis are different between source and sink tissues.’
- ‘This can only be realized if the rate of ethylene biosynthesis is regulated by submergence-induced signals.’
- ‘Roma might reflect a more or less continuous biosynthesis of new cell wall material.’
- ‘Bacterial growth is directly linked to the capacity of the cells for protein biosynthesis.’
- ‘Mutants affected in cellulose biosynthesis have been identified in vascular plants.’
- ‘In this mutant, a protein is inactivated which plays a key role during the negative feedback control of chlorophyll biosynthesis.’
- ‘Floral senescence in many species is regulated by ethylene biosynthesis.’
- ‘In higher plants, the pathways of chlorophyll and haem biosynthesis are tightly regulated at an early step.’
- ‘It should be mentioned that there is no evidence for disturbed chlorophyll biosynthesis in the mutant.’
- ‘The biochemistry of carotenoid biosynthesis has been well established.’
- ‘In the whole plant, multicellular compartmentation is required for alkaloid biosynthesis.’
- ‘In this pathway it is well known that biosynthesis is subject to both positive and negative feedback regulation.’
- ‘Coordination of reproduction and yolk biosynthesis is achieved via the endocrine system.’
- ‘However, enzymes for their biosynthesis are found in both cell types.’
- ‘All previous theoretical analyses of metabolic costs of lignin biosynthesis used glucose as substrate.’
- ‘In vivo, the repression of genes involved in starch biosynthesis has been reported to block pollen development.’
- ‘Adequate measures were taken to protect the plants from biotic and abiotic stresses that may influence lignin biosynthesis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.