One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of stratigraphy concerned with fossils and their use in dating rock formations.
- ‘The geologic age of the upper member of the Mal Paso Formation is constrained to the late Albian-early Cenomanian based on its stratigraphic position and biostratigraphy.’
- ‘This should be achieved by independent stratigraphic methods such as magnetostratigraphy or, where possible, marine biostratigraphy.’
- ‘The San Juan Member is late Oligocene based upon biostratigraphy and radiometric dating.’
- ‘Keith Young published over 100 papers and contributed to numerous symposia and field guides dealing with Mesozoic biostratigraphy.’
- ‘This is followed by a brief discussion of the methods for division of the stratigraphic record and geological time, with reviews of litho- and biostratigraphy, radiometric dating, magneto- and chemo-stratigraphy.’
- ‘This is the basic unit of biostratigraphy in which fossils are used in the correlation of rock units.’
- ‘It explains the facts of biodiversity, biostratigraphy, comparative anatomy, and so forth.’
- ‘Since the presence of these cells would be tied directly to important geochemical events, they would make ideal organisms for biostratigraphy.’
- ‘The latter itself is too young to denote the original age of the tuff, on the basis of its Early Cambrian biostratigraphy and independent ages for the Early Cambrian elsewhere.’
- ‘This site is dated by biostratigraphy to the early Pleistocene, with an estimated age of 1.3 + or - 0.1 Ma.’
- ‘We agree with Loydell that much of this testing will depend on the development of a more refined biostratigraphy and better correlations between sections worldwide, and we have common ground in working towards those ends.’
- ‘These chapters are required reading for anyone interested in how rigorous biostratigraphy should be done with any fossil group, not just mammals.’
- ‘The bulk of the collection is the result of research on biostratigraphy, taxonomy, and biology of protists and prokaryotes at U.C. Berkeley.’
- ‘The research integrates seismic interpretation, sedimentology and biostratigraphy from previously collected seismic data and piston cores.’
- ‘In many depositional basins, biostratigraphy is a key element in developing play concepts and planning for production wells.’
- ‘During the prolonged debate over the boundary problem, further results on integrated magnetostratigraphy and ammonoid biostratigraphy were published, and additional palaeomagnetic measurements are in progress.’
- ‘The papers that follow concentrate on the integration of high-resolution geochemical records with detailed biostratigraphy.’
- ‘Other remarks pertinent to its biostratigraphy appear in various works.’
- ‘These are also the areas in which the traditional use of invertebrate macrofossils in biostratigraphy and paleogeography offers the potential for resolving major geological debates.’
- ‘The new age for the Botany Bay Group provides an important tie point for Jurassic floras in the Southern Hemisphere that will allow a more robust biostratigraphy to be constructed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.