One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Advocacy of the belief that human activity should be largely restricted to distinct ecological and geographical regions.
- ‘That is the voice of bioregionalism, the truest, more eternal voice of nature.’
- ‘He believes this in no way detracts from the philosophy of bioregionalism, but is one of its greatest merits as it gives greater ‘specificity’ to the ‘space’ of nature.’
- ‘And in the land where bioregionalism started as a movement some 20 years ago, there are unmistakable signs of a resurgent regionalism, though none has taken up arms.’
- ‘They stand for ‘ecology, bioregionalism, human-scale economies - and proper gastronomics’.’
- ‘But it is useful to look at Columbus for a bit, for he is a part of the problem (as well as carrier of the problem) for which querencia - and bioregionalism itself - is the solution.’
- ‘Salvador, like most of his neighbors in Uaxactún, thinks small-scale and low-impact - two central elements of bioregionalism.’
- ‘Those of you who are interested in bioregionalism or enjoy her work will love these weblogs and this wiki.’
- ‘Perhaps the best-known piece in the book is a revised essay discussing bioregionalism as a way of defining a place, which first appeared in Environmental History in 1994.’
- ‘Perhaps, bioregionalism is what will follow yesterday's crash.’
- ‘Anyone who goes on a journey, or takes an interest in ecology, bioregionalism, or that enormous journey of everything around us termed natural history, can't do with a better teaching.’
- ‘Bioregionalism is not about deprivation or severely limiting your choices.’
- ‘In the name of bioregionalism they would bring in an age of ultra-nationalist xenophobia.’
- ‘Environmentalist thought also turned its attention to regionalist themes, as in the concept of bioregionalism and in other attempts to conceptualize the relation of human communities to the natural environment.’
- ‘He begins in ‘Values and Institutions’ by defining and contrasting capitalism, market socialism, centrally planned socialism, bioregionalism and participatory economics.’
- ‘Rather than emphasizing what a region lacks, the bioregionalism movement focuses on what assets are available and abundant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.