One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Advocacy of the belief that human activity should be largely restricted to distinct ecological and geographical regions.
- ‘In the name of bioregionalism they would bring in an age of ultra-nationalist xenophobia.’
- ‘Perhaps the best-known piece in the book is a revised essay discussing bioregionalism as a way of defining a place, which first appeared in Environmental History in 1994.’
- ‘And in the land where bioregionalism started as a movement some 20 years ago, there are unmistakable signs of a resurgent regionalism, though none has taken up arms.’
- ‘But it is useful to look at Columbus for a bit, for he is a part of the problem (as well as carrier of the problem) for which querencia - and bioregionalism itself - is the solution.’
- ‘He believes this in no way detracts from the philosophy of bioregionalism, but is one of its greatest merits as it gives greater ‘specificity’ to the ‘space’ of nature.’
- ‘Salvador, like most of his neighbors in Uaxactún, thinks small-scale and low-impact - two central elements of bioregionalism.’
- ‘Perhaps, bioregionalism is what will follow yesterday's crash.’
- ‘That is the voice of bioregionalism, the truest, more eternal voice of nature.’
- ‘They stand for ‘ecology, bioregionalism, human-scale economies - and proper gastronomics’.’
- ‘Anyone who goes on a journey, or takes an interest in ecology, bioregionalism, or that enormous journey of everything around us termed natural history, can't do with a better teaching.’
- ‘Those of you who are interested in bioregionalism or enjoy her work will love these weblogs and this wiki.’
- ‘He begins in ‘Values and Institutions’ by defining and contrasting capitalism, market socialism, centrally planned socialism, bioregionalism and participatory economics.’
- ‘Rather than emphasizing what a region lacks, the bioregionalism movement focuses on what assets are available and abundant.’
- ‘Bioregionalism is not about deprivation or severely limiting your choices.’
- ‘Environmentalist thought also turned its attention to regionalist themes, as in the concept of bioregionalism and in other attempts to conceptualize the relation of human communities to the natural environment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.