One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘biopharming is a potential new industry at the boundary between medicine and food’another term for pharming (sense 1)
- ‘She notes that the drugs that biopharming promises to deliver can be gotten through other means.’
- ‘As a result, calls for limits on biopharming are often met with cries of "no way" from farm-state politicians.’
- ‘Though biopharming is still in the experimental stage, the experiment has already seen twenty corporations and universities conduct more than 315 open-air field trials in undisclosed locations.’
- ‘Corn, which is wind pollinated and therefore spreads its traits easily, is the crop of choice for biopharming.’
- ‘Last autumn, the issue came to a head when food manufacturers made public their concerns about food crops being used for biopharming.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.