One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The study of the mode of life of organisms in their natural habitat and their adaptations to their surroundings; ecology.
- ‘Later he uses the term ‘bionomics’ to capture the idea of the wear and tear and friction within a military system.’
- ‘Mosquito abundance and bionomics were studied intensively during summer and spring at two residential communities of contrasting economic status.’
- ‘She expressed her perspective on various technolibertarian camps and fascinations including bionomics, cypherpunks, Wired Magazine, and the lack of charitable contributions by the nouveau riche of the cyberculture.’
- ‘Where the free market philosophy of bionomics fails to value the unprofitable aspects of art and culture, she finds nerds resentful of artists and irrational behaviors they cannot understand.’
- ‘Bionomicswas conceived as an answer to the prevalence and high costs of work related sprain/strain type injuries.’
Late 19th century: from bio- ‘life’, on the pattern of economics.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.