One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to both biology and medicine.
- ‘In contrast, the subject of the medical history is a particular biomedical condition.’
- ‘For a growing number, it is the most intriguing biomedical problem of our time.’
- ‘They have contributed to countless biomedical discoveries and can be ordered from tissue culture supply catalogues.’
- ‘The encounter begins by the clinician setting the clinical problem in a conventional biomedical model.’
- ‘The World Health Organization has teamed up with a group of biomedical publishing experts to register its trials on an online database.’
- ‘The state's biomedical strength relies largely on its education infrastructure.’
- ‘An anthropological approach does not assume that biomedical concepts and practices are both normative and universal.’
- ‘There is little continuing medical education and even rarer access to recent biomedical information.’
- ‘This study takes a patient orientated rather than biomedical approach to understanding hospital admission for asthma.’
- ‘This attempt to make psychiatric diagnosis more reliable was associated with a return to a biomedical model of mental illness.’
- ‘Regenerative medicine is one of the frontiers in biomedical and clinical research.’
- ‘The approach in general practice is broad and biocultural, in contrast to the older biomedical definitions of specialties.’
- ‘The biomedical model of illness, which has dominated health care for the past century, cannot fully explain many forms of illness.’
- ‘It is also useful for students and teachers of medicine and the biomedical sciences.’
- ‘I have received reimbursement for consultation on biomedical aspects of epilepsy.’
- ‘The antioxidant nature of vitamin C makes it a popular vitamin for biomedical studies, so it provides a fair baseline for comparison.’
- ‘The autopsy has long been a focus of medical education and biomedical research.’
- ‘However, the sexes did not differ in giving biomedical information about diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment.’
- ‘Most are senior nurses, but some are doctors or biomedical scientists.’
- ‘The biomedical scientists and medical practitioners would have liked greater technical details.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.