One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the mechanical laws concerning the movement or structure of living organisms.‘a biomechanical advantage’‘we do a lot of biomechanical analysis of my running’
- ‘It was a biomechanical scanner for his left eye.’
- ‘Dancers can get fascinated with the biomechanical specificity of their technique, neglecting rhythm and phrasing.’
- ‘The technology, usually the cornerstone of sci-fi, is biomechanical rather than metallic.’
- ‘The study presented has documented no clear patterns of biomechanical change in human bone with the introduction of agriculture.’
- ‘Other authors have examined the biomechanical properties of braided hamstring tendon grafts.’
- ‘This is a stretching and toning system that combines elements of yoga with the biomechanical principles of ballet.’
- ‘The machines had perfectly knitted a biomechanical extension of his nervous system.’
- ‘The second culprit is a biomechanical form of laziness that keeps the lower back from doing its fair share of the work, and thereby stunts its development.’
- ‘Occasionally found in some knees, it is a ridge or fold of extraneous soft tissue with no known biomechanical function.’
- ‘The potential of a new traumatic event is of concern when the biomechanical properties of the healed capsular tissue have been shown to be diminished.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.